Wednesday 21 September 2011

Abandoning Old Idea

I have decided to completely change my idea as I believe that it does not fit completely with what I want to accomplish. For example, while my plan for the video was ordered to work well with the timing of the music, the story clashes with the style of music, as well as its tone, which is of a rebellious nature.

Another major reason for the change in my idea is that the three characters which were to appear in the video are all very one-dimensional. All of the characters meet a gender stereotype. The boy was portraying the underdog, a character mold used all too often in modern media. The first girl was portraying a character with similar traits to the typical head-cheerleader type from modern American films set in a high school. To complete this image, a second, angelic girl is featured to give the "hero" a way to find the happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment